Choosing the right lawn care company is an important consideration. As much as you want to save money, you know that you’ll need quality service and professionalism if you want to maintain an envy-inducing lawn. It can be hard to find that balance. But don’t worry, Today’s Homeowner has got you covered.
If you’re in Virginia, you should consider Top Notch Lawn Care. In business since 2001, Top Notch Lawn Care delivers excellent service at an affordable price. Our Top Notch Lawn Care review will show you the in’s and out’s of the company.
Top Notch Lawn Care claims that their business was created with the customer in mind, and its top ratings on various review sites show this statement to be true. The lawn care company provides a full range of lawn maintenance services and also offers personalized Turf Management services and programs for spring, summer and fall seasons.
The cost for the various lawn care services provided by Top Notch Lawn Care is competitive and overall a good value. While Top Notch Lawn Care is a solid choice for lawn and landscape maintenance services, Today’s Homeowner chooses another lawn care company as a better option overall.
After conducting thorough research and making a decision based on service plans, cost and customer ratings in our Top Notch Lawn Care review, the reviews team chose TruGreen as the preferred company for all your lawn care needs. In fact, TruGreen emerges as a clear winner against all other competitors.
Table of Contents:
Today’s Homeowner works with an independent reviews team to create evidence-based research that helps our readers make informed decisions. The reviews are always independent. For transparency, we may be compensated if you purchase through a link.
Top Notch Lawn Care’s Offerings
Top Notch Lawn Care can create a customized service plan for you based on your needs and budget. Services can include:
- Graphical Soil Analysis — This analysis determines your soil pH and whether it is lacking in any vital nutrients, such as nitrogen or potassium. The soil profile can be used to create a strategy moving forward.
- Lawn Mowing — The company mows on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Top Notch always mows at a height of 2.5 to 3.2 inches to enable grass to grow a deeper root system.
- Mulching — Mulching can be performed in a way that not only improves the look of the landscape but also serves to minimize water loss and soil erosion. Mulching also prevents weed growth and promotes root growth of your plants.
- Core Aeration — This process helps to aerate and improve drainage of compacted soil, as well as improves turf growth. The newly created channels allow moisture, oxygen and nutrients to get into the soil.
- Overseeding — Top Notch uses a custom grass blend designed to improve the density of the soil.
- Leaf Pickup & Removal — This service keeps your lawn looking nice and tidy. It can include your entire lawn using state-of-the-art equipment, or just curbside pickup for easy removal.
- Pruning — This practice enhances the look of the landscape by removing dead material. Pruning also extends the life of many plantings.
- Mulch Bed Weed Control — This ensures that there are no weeds in your mulch beds, utilizing a combination of pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicides to both prevent and kill weeds. Top Notch technicians also hand-weed when necessary.
- Turf Management — Fertilization and other treatments are applied to your lawn during the spring, summer and fall to help ensure proper nutrients in the soil throughout the year and promote healthy lawn growth.
Top Notch Lawn Care Locations
The lawn care company provides services to Smith Mountain Lake Area, Franklin County, Roanoke, Salem, Botetourt, Moneta, Wirtz, Burnt Chimney, Bedford County, Rocky Mount, Hardy and other surrounding areas in Virginia.
The Cost of Top Notch Lawn Care
Quotes for service are provided after a lawn care specialist has discussed your lawn care needs and, if necessary, visited your home to further review what work might need to be performed.
Costs can vary based on the size of your yard, what services you require, and how often you would like services such as lawn mowing or mulch bed weed control.
Top Notch Lawn Care Pros and Cons
- Reliable Service
- Comprehensive range of services
- Affordable services
- Locally owned and operated
- Complete liability insurance
- Fully licensed by Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Only servicing certain areas of Virginia
- No clear choice of plans to pick from
Why Top Notch Lawn Care?
The owner and staff at Top Notch Lawn Care strive to provide the highest quality of service to its customers. The company has also won the Best of Smith Mountain Lake award for several years.
Top Notch Lawn Care is an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since September 2013 and currently holds an A+ rating. They are also highly rated by customers, as evidenced by the following sampling of reviews.
“Very pleased with the quality of service, comprehensive selection of lawn care services. Personnel are very thorough. The lawn mowing and trimming has been first rate. Our yard is no longer just mowed: it’s manicured! Pricing is reasonable for the quality of service.”
Pamela T 01/09/2020
“Top Notch is an honest, hard working and quality company. Tony does a great job managing his crew and his team is always on time and does a great job. He also always stands by his work. Highly recommend!”
Josh D 09/16/2019
Top Notch is praised not just for its level of professionalism, but also for its dedication to ensuring customers are well-satisfied and always receive courteous service. Customers are very pleased with the service they receive, as well as the knowledge displayed by the lawn care specialists at Top Notch.
As mentioned earlier, Top Notch Lawn Care is a great choice for a variety of lawn care services. However, TruGreen is still the recommended choice by Today’s Homeowner for several reasons.
Recommended Provider: TruGreen
For starters, TruGreen offers services nationwide, except for Alaska and Hawaii, so it can be especially easy and convenient to find a TruGreen lawn care service provider in nearly any location in the United States. TruGreen also makes it very easy to manage your lawn care plan, either via their website or through their mobile app.
Additionally, they also have top reviews and an A+ rating with the BBB, as well as comprehensive lawn maintenance plan offerings that deliver the range of services you require at a price you can afford.
|TruSignature||• 8 visits a year|
• Weed control
• Lime amendment
• Tree and shrub care
|TruComplete||• 8 visits a year|
• Weed control
• Lime amendment
|TruHealth||• 8 visits a year|
• Weed control
• Lime amendment
|TruMaintenance||• 7 visits a year|
• Weed control
|TruNatural||• 8 visits a year|
• Organic fertilizer
• Non-chemical weed control
• Broadleaf weed control available upon request
All plans come with a promise for customer satisfaction called the Healthy Lawn Guarantee.
As you can see from the above plan offerings, TruGreen also offers a few services included in their service plans that Top Notch Lawn Care appears to charge separately for, or does not offer at all. TruGreen also offers specialized services such as mosquito control, flea and tick control, tree and shrub care, lawn plugging and soil amendment services. Being able to get all of the services your lawn may need from one reputable source is certainly of great convenience.
If you are interested in hiring a lawn care company and want to learn more about TruGreen’s plans and services, simply call them at 877-820-0392. Or you can fill out the easy form to receive a free estimate.