Curb appeal makes a home more beautiful, enjoyable and, if you’re looking to sell, valuable.
You don’t have to spend a bundle to elevate your home’s appearance — if you want to tackle a quick and inexpensive project, start with some concrete planters.
It’s the perfect little project to spruce up your front
porch — and I’m serious when I say you can do it yourself!
Materials You’ll Need
- Two forms (One large, one small)
- Quikrete 5000 Concrete Mix
- Quikrete Liquid Cement Color (Optional)
- Masonry Paintbrush (Optional)
- Painter’s Tape (Optional)
- Masonry Paint (Optional)
- Plastic drinking straw
- Cooking Spray
- Splash-proof chemical safety glasses
- Nitrile, butyl or PVC gloves
Note: Safety should always come first! Before you
begin, put on some pants, a long-sleeve shirt and protective eyewear, such as
splash-proof chemical-safety glasses.
You’ll also need to wear gloves to prevent skin irritation.